COME AND BUILD LARGELABS WITH US !
Largelabs is a video game development studio based in Villandraut, France and Cairo, Egypt. You will be joining a small team of passionate and dedicated artists and programmers, creating original and innovative products.
Our projects for 2022 include :
- Continuation of the production of our Retro-Learning line, that has been distributed on arcade machines since 2019.
- Pre-production of a new game for the Nintendo Switch and PC.
LARGELABS EGYPT POSITIONS
We opened new positions in our Egyptian production team !
Gameplay Programmer (Cairo Team)
Under the supervision of a Lead Gameplay Engineer, you will :
- Design, develop, write, test and implement maintainable runtime and build time code in C#, for Unity Engine
- Optimize the code for the targeted hardware
- Contribute to the studio’s technical infrastructure, internal framework and tools, for current and future projects
- Collaborate directly with designers and artists to implement new gameplay features and systems
- Participate in the technical aspects of Game Design
- Suggest and help to implement new efficient art / tech pipelines and automation techniques for our production platform
- Participate in solidifying the team, the Largelabs spirit and the onboarding process for newcomers, in a time of exceptional growth for the studio
The good candidate should have an open mind (technically and humanely), and should be benevolent, rigorous and willing to excel in all aspects of his/her work on a daily basis.
An acute attention to the smallest details, a taste for excellence and technical challenge and an urgent desire to learn and understand how things work behind the curtain are necessary qualities to produce games that are meaningful to the public.
What we need from you is passion, dedication and talent !
- You are capable of operating in an Agile environment (SCRUM)
- Excellent understanding of either C++ or C#
- You can demonstrate an understanding of OOP, coding design patterns and their benefits on larger code infrastructures
- You have a good understanding of how Unity Engine works
- You are very familiar with Git
- Your English is fluent
- You are a gamer
- You are quickly at ease with any programming language / paradigm
- You have good writing skills
- You’ve worked with other programmers before and you refactored code that wasn’t yours
- You know the difference between “It’s DONE” and “It works”
- You are good at taking initiatives and you are autonomous at work
Would be a big plus…
- You have written Editor tools in Unity before
- You have some notions in DevOps
- You have some experience with GLSL and compute shaders
- You have some notions in French
- Possibility to evolve as a partner (long term)
- Honest remuneration, based on candidate’s experience
- A cool and fully equipped office in Cairo with great vibes and lots of Super Smash Bros at lunch break
- PC and two screens are provided
- A percentage of remote work can be discussed
How To Apply
To apply, please send the following documents to email@example.com
- Up-to-date CV
- Cover letter
- Any portfolio elements that you feel would be relevant to demonstrate your skills !